First-Then visual schedule application is designed for caregivers to provide positive behavior support. Visual schedules serve to increase independence and lower anxiety during transitions through different activities. They provide positive behavior support through the use of images that show daily events (i.e. morning routine or therapy schedule) or steps needed to complete a specific activity, (i.e. using the restroom). Useful to individuals with communication needs, developmental delays, Autism or in general those who benefit from a structured environment.
The app is designed for use in iPhone and iPod. You may look for FTVS HD: First Then Visual Schedule HD, if you want a version that works also on iPAD.
The app is customisable, in the sense that you can:
- Use your own photos or add photos from the built in Internet image search feature.
- Record your own voice to the images.
- Create as many schedules as you need.
- Change the order of a schedule, anytime!
- Checklist feature.
- “Save and Share” schedules via “File Sharing” on iTunes.
- Backup schedules via iCloud.
- Email a PDF copy of a schedule to print off at home.